Thursday 25 October 2018

"Burda 6858 + flowers = love" dress


I noticed this pattern first when I was making a dress for my friend and suggested patterns. That was back in 2016, the same year I found it on sale and bought it. Looked at it numerous times since, but none of the fabrics I had seemed to match it and I always had some other project that I wanted to make more.



Until Minerva Crafts sent me this piece of gorgeous flowery jersey to test 😍. Now the pattern has finally connected in my head with a fabric. (Note to reader here: I actually made this dress in July, so it was very weather appropriate 😉)


Originally, I wanted to crochet the sleeves and waist inserts in thin yellow linen yarn, and I still think it'd have looked better, but I realized very early on that the amount of yarn I have is not enough, it's an "out of production" yarn so finding more would be next to impossible and time was running out, so instead I used leftovers from the fabric I used as part of a sparkly top and for this cool powder pink top. A nightmare to work with but very pretty, bought some years ago at Stoff og Stil.

Made no adjustments to the pattern, just graded from size 38 top and waist to size 40 hips as usual.


Read my full review of the fabric on Minerva's blog 😊

Pattern: Burda Young 6858 View C.
Fabric: Polyester/Viscose/Elastan jersey from Minerva Crafts, some thin knit fabric scraps (polyester and other stuff too I think) from Stoff&Stil.
Photos taken at home in Asker, Norway.

2 comments: