Wednesday 23 May 2018

"Summer in the countryside" dress

Klikk her for Norske versjonen


It has been so summery lately here in Asker, flowers, birds and sun... totally gorgeous! I get almost the same feeling when I look at this dress, spring and flowers and a proper countryside feeling really 😊


Yup! Once more it's a Burda pattern. I really like Burda, they have a lot of nice patterns and the construction is of really good quality. So "spolier alert": there will be a lot of Burda in the future too.


The one I used here is from the 3/2015 issue, #127. A shortened version B.


Initially I wanted to use this flower poplin in brown tones for the whole dress. But then felt like experimenting a bit, so I cut out some pieces in the same print in blue.


This one again was not difficult to make. The skirt front can be confusing though, but take it step by step and it'll start to make sense as you go along 😄, other than that it was quite simple and straightforward.

I started by making view B of the dress, then felt it was too long (and didn't look good) so I shortened it by 15 cm at the hem.


Now a little warning! You'll be told to cut an opening at the top of the skirt front to make it possible to get in and out of the dress, this is covered by one of the pleats. However! This pleat will not save your life when you start walking or when the wind blows 😳, the opening is simply too long and you will be flashing a thigh 😱. So find out how short an opening is enough to still get the dress on and off and sew the rest together again (life became so much better when I did).


The result? I love the shape! I love the fabrics! ... but maybe not together? The dress is really comfortable and airy, a delight to wear, the fabric is so soft and cool against the skin, but the combination is perhaps not very me if you know what I'm talking about. I'll certainly give it a chance, maybe I grow to like it with time (I did get complimented on it already 😊).


Pattern: Burda Style 3/2015 #127
Fabric: 100% Egyptian cotton poplin from Cotton Candy (yes, my store 😉)
Photos taken at home in Asker, Norway





No comments:

Post a Comment