Sunday 13 May 2018

Summer jumpsuit with feathers and ribbons


OK, not quite the feathers and ribbons you'd imagine, I must admit. I just used a ribbon as a waist tie and the fabric has this gorgeous feather print on it.


If you've been following my makes for a while, you'd know that I'm a jumpsuit skeptic, out of the 70 or so garments I made for myself, there's been 2 before, one for the beach and one that I ended up splitting into trousers and blouse (because it was too dressy but I loved the fabric and really wanted to get more use out of it). Making this one my third.




The pattern I used is Burda Style 05/2013 #128B with minor changes: I ditched the lace used around the neckline and front opening, I extended the wrap bit more to the side seam thus raising the V point of the front to a more modest location (but I forgot to stay-stitch the front, so my fabric did stretch a bit resulting in this point ending up a bit lower than where I wanted it to be), added a little snap fastener at the bottom of the V and I used a much shorter length of the ribbon so that it goes around my waist only once, not twice.


The fabric was sold to me as cotton...but the iron and the smell proved it not to be just cotton. I do think it has some of it in there but there's a lot of viscose involved here. I don't mind, but I hate when sellers tell you random stuff 😡. I love the print and the colors of it, I think this dusty rose pink looks great with the navy blue and love the feather arrangement print (which I did little to match, and got lucky 😇)


So how do I feel about my third jumpsuit? I totally love it! I love the relaxed flowy style of it, I love how it looks on me and how comfortable it is to wear. I've used it a few times already and still love it even though going to the bathroom is a pain (maybe I should start installing snaps on the inner leg seams like in baby clothes 😂).


This is one of my #2018MakeNine (I discovered that 5 out of 9 of my makes have a lot of blue in them 😐), it also qualifies for #burdachallenge2018, #makeyourstash and a last minute squeeze into #alittlelawnparty. A lot of birds with one stone 👍


Pattern: Burda Style 05/2013 #128B
Fabric: Some kind of cotton/viscose mix from Hawaa (Cairo).
Photos taken at home in Asker, Norway.

No comments:

Post a Comment