Sunday 11 November 2018

Cozy autumn sweater


This is a project I made from a Cotton Candy fabric. I got some new knit fabrics in with this retro floral pattern and I really wanted to showcase them, so I decided to make a garment I need and will use: an autumn sweater.




The pattern I used here is one I fell in love with at first sight but never got the chance to make, you've heard this before from me? well, you'll probably hear it again 😂. You have no idea how many patterns I went: 💗💗💗 for and bought but never got the chance to try (surely, I'm not the only one with too much to sew, too little time? 😏).

I mean, how cool is this design? Two "half" tops that combined result in this beautiful garment.


The fabric choice was difficult, I got four fabric that I liked equally and couldn't decide on one to use, so I did the sensible thing and used the one I had most of in stock, which turned out to be this brown one with smaller flowers.

It's been a while since I've sewn something so fast and simple, even the top I made at school for my Jersey top assignment was a bit more involved than this although I had way to little time (I'll post about school in general separately later).


Even though it consists of two tops in a way, it went so fast as most of it was done on the overlocker. I didn't do any alterations, sewed it as is and used two different colors (orange and green) on my twin needle as a decorative element for hemming etc.

And I love to wear it! It's comfy, it looks good and because it's two layers most places, it's also warm. It might not be the most exciting color but it's nice to tone down every now and then too 😊.


A proud entry for Burda Challenge 2018 of course.

Pattern: Burda Style 04/2015 #101
Fabric: 96% Polyester, 4% Lycra knit fabric from cottoncandy.no
Photos taken at home in Asker, Norway.

4 comments:

  1. Very well done and good for the changing weather. From the photos, you are well into autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I remember seeing that pattern in one of my magazines. Your top looks super. I'm tempted to try that pattern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really cool pattern, isn't it? Thanks Diane! And do it do it do it 😁

      Delete