Saturday 13 October 2018

"I've been thinking about you" jacket


And the reason it got this name is because this pattern was love at first sight. Since it was released in May 2016. I fell for the lightness and simplicity of it combined with the rough-ish look the suede gives.



I've even looked for natural suede to buy for this, but was set back a bit by price and a lot by the trip I'd have to undergo to look at/buy the material.


Then Minerva Crafts offered me a piece of faux suede material to test for them...and I did...and I LOVE the result!

Hop over to Minerva's blog to read all about it and see more photos of this beautiful jacket.

This jacket is also my 7th 2018 Make Nine item and a worthy entry for #burdachallenge2018 😊


Pattern: Burda Style 05/2016 #121
Fabric: 100% Polyester faux suede in color: Stone
Photos taken at home in Asker, Norway.

6 comments:

  1. A fabulous jacket, so universal and made well. It is again the project I am surprised to see because never paied attention to it in the magazine but now cannot understand how I could miss... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Oksana! I have this feeling about some patterns too, like "why haven't I noticed this before?!"

      Delete
  2. This jacket is really good for the autumn! I think it goes well with pants and skirt too. I need a jacket like yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eli! I agree, I think it fits many styles. And now I'm looking forward to seeing you make one ;)

      Delete
  3. I like this jacket! The faux suede looks great

    ReplyDelete