Saturday 14 April 2018

Finishing off the UFO pile

In general, I'm not a UFO (un-finished objects) kind of person, but every now and then it inevitably happens for one reason or other. When Easter vacation came, and I spent it mostly chilling at home, I decided to finally tackle the few I have.

UFO#1: The cross-stitched tablecloth:
I started this one years ago. Literally! I started cross-stitching this before I started sewing! So it dates back to 2013-2014.




The reason I stopped? Sewing! I made my first dress and got hooked, so I dropped this and just sewed and sewed and sewed. It was only last year that I started alternating more and more between crafts for a change, so for evenings in front of the TV on the sofa, I picked this one up again and started slowly adding flowers and butterflies until I finally finished it last month. The good thing is: I still love it as much as when I picked the design 4-5 years ago 😊


UFO#2: The one day dress:
Some of you have seen this one before. I made it last August for my friends' wedding one day before the wedding! And I didn't have time to hem it.


The reason I left it? The hem looked good enough without hemming and didn't fray much. So I wore it to the wedding without hemming it 😁. And since it served its purpose, I simply didn't bother after, but kept it close to my sewing space hoping it nags at me and I finally do it. It worked! And I finally did it. 😄

UFO#3: The summer trousers:
I actually did finish these...then I tore them at the seam at the thigh on one side 😩.


The reason I left it? Pure laziness + winter. First, I was too lazy to think of a solution. Should I just sew it up again? Should I add patches and pretend it's a design feature? Then the winter came and it became too cold to wear them anyway. But now that spring is almost here, I picked them up again and decided to sew the hole up and see, if that fails, I'll patch. But for now, they're ready for use again.

UFO#4: My crochet top:
I started this top last year, finished the front and started on the back.


The reason I stopped? I ran out of yarn for the back. The same yarn was sold out and out of production, and it's only last month that I found a color that matches enough and that isn't wool (it's cotton) and finished crocheting it. I love it! Which is surprising for a self designed project, I usually mess something up and don't like the final result much but this one is 👌. Don't be fooled by the flat photos, wait till you see it on.


And now I have 0 UFOs left! Yuhuu! Alright, I'll go take some photos of my new top, blog post about it coming next week. Enjoy your weekend people!

2 comments:

  1. ОГО! Купа роботи! Вітаю, так багато зроблено за такий короткий час. Я теж не люблю накопичувати відкладені проекти, але вони трапляються. Мене твій допис надихнув, піду чи нове почну чи старе закінчу:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Га га га :)) Супер! Дякую i хай щастить! Буду чекати нових "blog posts" про твоїх нових i старих проектів :)

      Delete