Tuesday 2 January 2018

It's a New Year!

2017 makes (most of them anyway)

It's been a year since I started regularly (read more often than twice a year) blogging again. The reason? I decided to start writing about my makes...Sewing, crochet and other fun stuff and given I do these things all the time now, I do get something to write about.

During 2017 ...



I found a whole new world of sewing, crochet, knitting and embroidery on Instagram, Facebook and even Reddit (but that's a bit of a mean environment that I decided to ditch).

I found out about a lot of pattern brands out there but also learned that they're as expensive or more expensive than the fabric...that didn't make sense to me so I remained faithful to Burda but that also made me attempt pattern hacking and I can more or less achieve any look I want now.

I found out there are loads of free crochet and knitting patterns out there and that's cool. I started knitting too 😄

I discovered that the nicest online community is the crocheters, they're the ones I got the most response from on my makes, followed by knitters then sewists. No offense to sewists, but they seem to gravitate more towards community celebrities rather than peers maybe?

I even participated in MIY March this year. Won absolutely nothing, but did get one of my photos chosen as one of the days 4 favorites...better than nothing but will probably not do it again next year. I don't think I'll have the time because:

I decided to start a fabric business and I'm almost there, wish me luck!

I am however tempted to do the 2018MakeNine. Once for me and once for Cotton Candy (that's my shop). But we'll see how this turns out, I'll keep you posted 😉





No comments:

Post a Comment