Sunday 2 September 2018

The dress with the nicest neckline

For Norwegian click here


I know I've been saying this a lot about my makes lately, but I love this dress!

It's one of those patterns that were love at first sight since it was released in April 2017, but other projects came in the way, summer ended, and generally life happened. Then this April as I was getting new fabrics for my store I fell in love with one of the new designs, fast forward a few months, the new fabrics arrive in my warehouse, I start taking photos for the website and fall even more in love with the olive green colorway 😍.



Now my mind was made, this fabric is becoming that dress.

The pattern is Burda Style 04/2017 #110, a simple straight short dress with in-seam pockets and short raglan sleeves, but that neckline! It's simply gorgeous 💖.


Now I knew exactly what I was getting myself into, this was sure to be a test in patience and precision and it sure was! Those thin tubes nearly killed me of high blood pressure 😂. I damaged some during turning, had to make more, didn't have enough to cute full lengths, made small ones, etc.,etc.


But once that was out of the way, I actually found putting them in place fun, like patiently making a piece of art, I found it kind of therapeutic even. The rest of the sewing was very straight forward and the only change I made was to cut the back piece on the fold instead of cutting two pieces, since it was a straight line there anyway.


As I already said in the very first line of this post: I love this dress! A lot! And am already thinking of ways to style it so I can take it into at least autumn if not winter 😇.


I've also made some changes to my 2018 Make Nine list: I replaced the Simplicity 8384 with this dress and the Deer & Doe Melilot shirt with Burda Style 05/2016 #121 jacket. Why? Simply because summer is over 😉. Meaning my 6th make is now done.


Pattern: Burda Style 04/2017 #110
Fabric: 100% Egyptian cotton poplin from cottoncandy.no
Photos taken (as usual) at home in Asker, Norway


2 comments:

  1. I agree the blog title "the nicest neckline"🌟 Your fabric choice is perfect as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Eli! So nice of you to say! I'm totally in love with this fabric :)

      Delete