Thursday 26 July 2018

The crochet top of dreams


I've been wanting to make this top for ages, it's been in my favorites on verena.ru for a very long time. But I didn't want to do it in just any yarn, I wanted some luxury yarn...something I would simply love.


The chance came when I got to test this 100% Egyptian cotton yarn for Minerva Crafts. I totally love it!


I have to admit that I was hoping for a more ice blue color, "glacier" was greenish. It's still a gorgeous color and I really like it, but my desire for ice blue has not waned off...and if it continues gnarling at me I might dye my top.


Read my full review and see more photos on Minerva Crafts's blog.

Pattern: Burda Creazion 2/2016 - Top with round lace yoke.
Yarn: King Cole Giza Cotton Knitting Yarn 4 Ply in color 2194 Glacier
Photos taken on my parents' balcony in Cairo, Egypt

7 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful top. Is it available as download?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I don't know to be honest. I got it off the russian verena.ru that publishes some of the knitting and crochet patterns from the Burda group knit/crochet magazines every month https://verena.ru/vyazanie-kruchkom/top-s-krugloy-kruzhevnoy-koketkoy-4380/

      Delete
    2. Thankyou. Found it. I save patterns from them too.

      Delete
  2. Amazing! I would love one, how long did it take you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fanny! Well, I made many mistakes so it took a lot longer than it should have, but I think it can be done in 2-3 weeks of evening crochet 🙂

      Delete