Sunday 12 November 2017

The Cat blouse


I love cats! I have two that I love to the point that my husband is convinced that if I had to choose between him and the cats, it'll be him packing ๐Ÿ˜‚.




But I never found a cat fabric that wasn't extremely childish to the point that I'd have looked ridiculous in it, until about a year ago I just searched for cats on all online stores that I was aware of that sold fabric and found this one on Minerva Crafts.


It took a while however before I got around to sewing it. Initially as I was making my star shirt, I decided I'll use the second view from the same pattern with my cats. Then when I made Tasneem's shirt, I thought maybe that is a more interesting pattern, but in the end gave up and asked my mom to pick a pattern for me. She picked Burda Style pattern #103 from the June 2017 issue and I really liked that choice and decided to go for it.


There's quite a bit of piping involved, but since I was too lazy to drive 25 minutes to my fabric store to see if I can find piping in a matching color, I just rummaged through my left overs and found enough of the yellow poplin I used for this blouse. So I drove 5 minutes to the hobby store instead and bought me some rather cheap cord and just made my own piping. Here's how I did it.


Then I just followed the instructions with no deviation apart from one point. I decided I won't pipe the front opening on the buttons side, thinking it'll be invisible anyway so why bother. What I didn't think of then is that it will be visible close to the collar if I decide to wear my blouse without the bow neck tie. Another Doh! moment by me, but hey, it's not a disaster, is it? I'll still wear it and love it, because right now that's how I feel about this blouse ๐Ÿ˜€


And since it's not very visible in the photos above, here's a close up of the fabric (and buttons and piping๐Ÿ˜„):


Pattern: Burda Style 06/2017 #103
Fabric: Cotton poplin from Minerva Crafts
Photos taken at home in Asker, Norway

2 comments:

  1. Great work with t hat piping... not the simplest thing in the world to do! Nice blouse, you sewed it well. The piece without piping at the collar adds some individual zest:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you Oksana! I'll keep the zest in mind :D
      Glad you like my work on this one :)

      Delete