Tuesday 24 July 2018

Mystery blogger award

Lindesnes lighthouse (Norway's southernmost point)

Well, I've never been nominated for anything, so this actually feels good, there's someone out there that thinks my blog is worth reading! 😂

This is nothing official, it's a friendly chain of recognition between bloggers, a cozy thing. Here's what the creator Okoto Enigma says about it:

"Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious post. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion."

Me and Otto (I also have JJ 😊)

Here are "The Rules" to the "Mystery Blogger Award":

  • Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog
  • Tell your readers three things about yourself
  • Answer the questions from the person who nominated you
  • Nominate 10 - 20 bloggers you feel deserve the award
  • Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny one
  • Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog

Now that we're done with the introductions, here we go:

The awesome Ellen Hatteland

I was nominated for this by the awesome Ellen Hatteland, she's been a source of inspiration and awe for me ever since I started sewing. I called her my sewing role model before and I still totally mean it. I first "met" Ellen on burdastyle.com 3-4 years ago when I started sewing and still follow her and her amazing (and many!) makes today 😍 (For the Norwegian sewing population: yep, that's the same Ellen from symesterskapet 😎).

What would be interesting and new to tell you about myself? hmmm
  • I worked offshore for 6 years in the oil & gas industry as an engineer on a seismic vessel (oil and gas exploration boat), in some cases the only girl of a crew of about 55 people and often looked like this (This is a room on the boat we called the Instrument room where all the computers, servers and technical people lived 😂):
Some 10 years ago on the Western Spirit

  • I'm obsessed with languages, speak four, understand a good deal of 2 more but speak them badly and dream of learning all the languages in the world! 😵
  • I love the sea! We bought our house mainly because I was obsessed with the sea view from it (a couple of kilometers away and it's just the Oslo fjord but still!)

The questions I was asked by Ellen are:

  • What do you do to cheer up your partner? hehehe...I mean you have to think in that direction with this question, don't you? 😄, but seriously? listen and cuddle, or cook one of the things he really likes.
  • If I ask you to sing spontaneous, what song would that be? I got no roots coz my home was never on the ground (No roots by Alice Merton)...I listen to the radio all the time, so it would be whichever song is stuck in my head at the time. Although I dance more than I sing 😁
  • Your favorite topping on the ice-cream.. Caramel sauce! Totally! Even better if it's salted, yum!
  • What makes you feel uncomfortable.. Stubborn arguments that lead nowhere, hate them!
  • What kind of competition would you like to participate? 20 years ago, I'd have said swimming, today? probably sewing 😄
Yup! I've been to Taj Mahal 😎

Now it's time to list some names that I love to read, in no particular order (some don't blog that often but I love to read when they do, and some have already been nominated before by other people):

  1. Why did you start sewing?
  2. What's your favorite me-made garment?
  3. What's you favorite city/town/village/place in the world of those you actually visited?
  4. Have you ever won a challenge/giveaway and what did you win?
  5. How would you react if someone you've never seen before walks up to you in the street, happily calls your name and gives you a hug?

4 comments:

  1. Lovely to know more about you and thank you for nominated my blog. I'll write the answers in the next couple of days :)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So cool! Looking forward to reading it Hana :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the lovely nomination Maria!! I’m on the case!! Loved your post, absolutely fascinating! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah! You deserve it :)

      Delete