Monday 22 January 2018

Dungarees for my nephew (Love Sewing Mag's Adorable Kids' Dungarees)


The other part of my nephew's birthday present was this cute pair of dungarees. The pattern producers called it Adorable kids' dungarees and I can't agree more. They are indeed adorable.




It was such an easy pattern to put together too, it came together quickly and looked as nice as in the pictures. It's just a pull on thing that fastens at the straps, but it also has practical opening at the crotch and inside leg seam for ease of diaper changing. And best of all, it's free.


Once again I followed the instructions closely. The one thing I did differently was to use snap fasteners instead of buttons for the straps. Cute star shaped ones that I bought for my Star shirt and had loads left over. I even added one star as a decoration for the breast pocket. They're so easy to install too and I just love them 😍


The one thing that's a bit unusual for me with it is the included seam allowances, I usually sew Burda patterns and am used to following the seam line rather than adjusting to a specified seam allowance, but I finally found a way! I used the quilting measure bit and set it to 1.5 cm from the needle 😀. I don't know how people normally do it, I don't have any marks on my machine to help with that for example...I used to draw seam lines on patterns that had the seam allowances included, but now I found a way. Good!


I was happy to find a thread in my stash that matched the color of my star snaps and I used it for the little top-stitching that I did here.

My sister (the mom) says he looks a bit like Super Mario in them but loves them all the same 😄. I think they turned out great and...yes, you guessed it...adorable.


Pattern: Love Sewing magazine, Adorable kids dungarees.
Fabric: Canvas 100% cotton from stofstedet.dk
Photos taken in Cairo Festival City, New Cairo, Egypt

No comments:

Post a Comment