Monday 7 May 2018

Summer in red voile


Klikk her for Norske versjonen

When you love sewing, and you own the fabric store, you feel like making something out of every fabric in the shop πŸ˜„ You make loads of plans! This dress is one of the results. A long summer dress in a delightful and airy Egyptian cotton voile.




Is it when something is 15 years or older that it gets branded "vintage"? Then this pattern is vintage πŸ˜„. It's Burda Style 04/2000 #128. A light, airy and summery dress with a cool wrap detail (yupp, I'm into wrap style garments these days...and the color red... :) )


The fabric I used is cotton voile in red and white from my own store www.cottoncandy.no, and needed 1.8m for my usual size 38/40.

I didn't find this dress difficult to sew, but it's probably not very beginner level either, let's call it: Medium difficulty, because of the way those front pieces connect over each other and to the back pieces.


One thing I'm super happy about is the zipper. I've suffered with them for years, until I got the right foot, then life changed πŸ˜‚, my invisible zippers are now actually invisible!πŸ™Œ


The whole dress (apart from the fabric cutting) was done in one day during a sewing meetup in RΓΈyken (the neighboring town) where I was allowed to take some fabric rolls with me and showcase Cotton Candy a bit. Met a lot of awesome women and had a great time. Totally recommend it if you live in the vicinity.


I really like this dress. I think it'll look cool with a denim jacket for Norwegian summer evenings, or with flip-flops on a beach somewhere. Really comfortable to wear, and red! I seem to get obsessed with a new color every spring. Last year it was yellow, this year it looks like it's red πŸ˜ƒ


Pattern: Burda Style 04/2000 #128
Fabric: 100% Egyptian Cotton voile from cottoncandy.no
Photos taken at home in Asker, Norway.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Just looking at it - puts in a good mood, nothing to say about the wearing! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Oksana :) Now all I need is more summer (although it's been amazing weather here the last few days so I can't really complain)

      Delete
  2. Fantastisk flotte! Jeg likte den kjempegodt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely dress! I love the colour, and it looks stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete