Saturday 13 January 2018

A warm bomber for the cutest boy (Burda Kids 9399 View C)


It's not like I've done nothing around Christmas and New Year when it comes to crafting. I made a Christmas outfit for myself, wore it twice and didn't manage to take photos of it yet. I've made some Christmas tree decorations that I gave as Christmas gifts, took photos of them then left those photos in Norway and came to Egypt for 10 days, made my nephew clothes as a birthday present and finally! Photos! 😄



This means two things:
1- I can finally show you one of those makes and
2- There are 3 more coming.

I wanted to make my nephew a winter jacket, Egyptian winter jacket which isn't super cold but cold. The pattern of choice is one I already had in my stash: Burda Kids 9399. View C is a bomber jacket with the hood, the cuffs, waistband, pockets and panels on the sleeves in different colors to the jacket main. What's better than a colorful piece for a one year old kid, right?


One great thing about this make is that the only thing I didn't take from my stash is the zipper, and that's simply because I only stash fabric not notions.
- The main grey fabric is made of quilted and padded viscose jersey which is leftover from my husband's winter coat lining.
- The bordeaux fabric I used for hood, cuffs and waistband is a stretch velveteen and is leftovers from my winter peplum top.
- The sleeve panels and pockets are corduroy and are leftovers from dungarees I made for my other nephew.
- And finally the lining for the hood is made of cotton jersey that is leftover from a T-shirt I made for my husband.


The construction was rather easy, no surprises there and I found the instructions together with the illustrations more than enough. I generally feel Burda's catalog items are all quite good on the instructions side. I followed the instructions more or less all the way, the only thing I added is lining for the hood. I think it looks a lot neater when lined.

In short, it's a good conscience make 😊, it fits, it looks good and I didn't buy one piece of fabric for it! Me very happy.


Pattern: Burda Kids 9399 View C
Fabric: Quilted jersey is 100% viscose filled with polyester, corduroy is 100% cotton, the velveteen is 80% cotton/20% polyester, And the cotton jersey is 100% cotton, all from Stoff & Stil.
Photos taken in Cairo Festival city, New Cairo, Egypt

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, very cute bomber! You can nake anything:)Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete