Sunday 27 August 2017

Diary of a shirt dress: Day 4

Sunday is here and the dressmaking is continuing again. After doing the skirt side seam, it's time to insert the pockets. Which was what I did first today.




At this point I put the skirt aside and started on the bodice. I grabbed a piece and it turned out to be the back so I started on the back. First I folded the pleats and stitched them in place in the seam allowance.


Then attached the inner and outer back yokes.


Stitched the shoulder seams.


Then the side seams.


Then I pressed the seam allowances of the inne back yoke to the wrong side, pinned to shoulder seam and stitched from the right side catching the inner yoke.


At this point I decided that I'll finish the armholes using "bias" binding from the same fabric. The reason I have quotation marks around bias is simply because I did not cut it on the bias, I didn't have enough fabric for that, so the two strips are pretty much on the grain. But since it's a flimsy thin fabric made of polyester, it's amazing what a bit of pressing can do!


But now it's late in the evening and time to stop for today, hopefully I get some time to continue tomorrow 😃

No comments:

Post a Comment