Thursday 23 March 2017

Last chance for skiing


And I took it!

It has been a winter with very little snow and inconsistent negative degrees this year (as was the case for the last few winters...climate change is at work!), so it hasn't been many chances to go skiing nearby for a day. We managed only one Saturday in Kongsberg.



Which was sad if you ask me, so I planned a skiing weekend in Trysil 😊. And man, I got lucky with the weekend I picked! Saturday was fantastic weather all day, good skiing conditions, sunshine, blue skies...(cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate 😁). Sunday wasn't bad either, a bit more cold, windy and grey but still great.


It was about time to go for one of these, I realized I missed skiing, and I have a new record on the speed test: 68.6 Km/hr (yaaaay!). Very happy me.


On the sewing front, there was also progress. I made that baby romper I was planning and I kinda hate how it turned out, the finish/work isn't neat enough for me to be happy, so to substitute I turned the "Sewing for others" collection to 8 pieces instead of 7 by adding a baby T-shirt to the plan.




I designed this one myself. Started from this pattern →

Then removed the front panel with snaps and the bias binding for neck and armholes, added color panels with flatlock stitching, short sleeves, a letter Z applique, and finished the neckline with rib jersey, and the result is this ↓


And that I'm happy with 😊. Now the baby part of the collection is done. And to be honest, about time. I miss sewing full size things and even more miss sewing for myself 😈

No comments:

Post a Comment